We arrived last night in Breckenridge, with everyone excited but tired. The home that we rented is beautiful with all the heavy wood stairs and stone fireplace. There is lots of room and it is really cozy. After a good nights sleep we started an eventful day. Sydnie went to ski school and had a ball while the rest of us went to hit the slopes. I have got to tell you....I did not like it.There is something about skiing next to a 20 ft drop off that was disconcerting to me. After getting my pants full of snow and falling in some awkward positions I went back to a warm house with a wood burning fire. The rest of the gang went on to ski in 6 degree temperatures. (sounds like I was the smart one doesn't it) No they had a ball but were frozen. But I have to say I loved my day by the fire. It is beautiful out here and so quiet because of all the snow. There is probably 12" on our roof and it is snowing like crazy. We had dinner here tonight and the best part about it to me was I called the groceries in and they were delivered to the house and put in the refrigerator. We are now sitting in the family room with the fire roaring just winding down for the night. I will check in with you tomorrow.
Land of the FREE, home of the BRAVE...
15 years ago
5 comments:
It looks like you are having an incredible time! What a dream builder.
What an idyllic setting, Renate! Love keeping up with your experiences. What a blessed way to celebrate the gift of family and the celebration of Christ's birth. Love to all!
I'll be honest - I'd be in the house with the fire too! What a fun way to celebrate Chistmas, Renate!
WHAT A DREAM BUILDER!!! COLORADO, SKIING/SNOWBOARDING, BREATH TAKING VIEWS, AND A WARM COZY FIRE!!! Josh and I have always wanted to go there.
Now thats a wonderful way to do Christmas!!! FUN, FUN, FUN :) thanks for sharing Renate!!!
I watched your video on LTD tv with Aubrey just a few minutes ago and cried my eyes out. I know that Russell wants to provide for us the way Danny has provided for you. Thank you so much for always keeping the dream in front of me. Nicole Smith
Post a Comment